In Pursuit of my Personal Legend



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Being Uncommon

In my teenage years I always told myself that I was different, and there was nothing wrong with it. I liked my individuality and stuck to it. But when I started to reach my twenties I kept comparing myself to others. Wishing that I can connect with others because that person or persons was like me.
Today as I read (In) Courage - one of my favourite blogs - I realized the gift of being uncommon. According to Lysa Terkeurst going all out and being uncommon is more than just being yourself. It's straining to hear God's call to be different - to let Him fill out all the spaces in your heart.
Lysa lets us know that being uncommon means "to rise up" from the ordinary. Or more like what the world labels "ordinary".

P.S. Always feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment